Optical imaging is a technique that uses visible or invisible light to produce images of objects or surfaces. It is a widely used technology in a variety of fields, including medicine, biology, materials science, communication, smartphones, autonomous systems, logistics, factory automation, life sciences, and even particle analysis.
There are several solutions available in the optical imaging market, including microscopes, telescopes, cameras, and spectrometers. These solutions are used to capture, analyze, and visualize images of various objects or surfaces.
In modern market conditions, where new optical systems become more complex with challenging throughput and accuracy and lead time for customized optical components becomes extremely long it is crucial to create a digital copy of the optical system with enhanced optical simulation capabilities months ahead of the integration process.
3DOptix Optical design & simulation software is the premier solution for the Imaging market. Our cloud-based, easy-to-use, low-entry barriers, is the perfect solution for optical designers, application engineers, system engineers, and customer support engineers in this market.
3DOptix is the best tool to build a digital copy of your entire product, verifying its optical operation with our fast ray tracing optical simulation. We provide a wide range of use cases and features, starting from simple and advanced spot analysis, allowing the anticipation of your yet-to-be-integrated product with advanced tools. With 3DOptix, you would be able to develop your product alignment techniques, going to polarization, scattering, and performing a coherent analysis. Our novelty simulation engine based on GPU cloud-based servers would get your simulation results faster than any other tool in the market.
- Ease-of-use, 3D, Intuitive
- Laser sources:
- Catalog lasers library
- User-defined point source, collimated and Gaussian sources
- Extensive library of catalog elements:
- Lenses, prisms, windows
- user-defined elements
- Extensive library of catalog elements:
- Library of catalog companies’ coatings (catalog elements are uploaded with the appropriate coating)
- User-defined-coating (coming soon)
- user-defined parameters detector
- Every optical and mechanical surface can act as a detecting surface
- Multiple available analyses for each detector (more will follow)
- Off-shelf cameras (coming soon)
- User-defined parameters cameras (coming soon)
- Wavelength range: 157-20000 nm
- Library of more than 25 companies
- User-defined material (coming soon)
- Import (coming soon):
- CAD (step files)
- Physics features examples:
- Scattering (surface)
- Coherent and incoherent data analysis
- Analyses example:
- Geometrical Optics (spot, spot through focus, MTF, PSF), distortion and field curvature, aberrations
- Physical Optics: MTF and PSF (coming soon)
- Stray light and ghost analysis (coming soon)
- Polarization map at the specified surface (coming soon)
- Useful tools and utilities:
- Calculators (lens makers’ formula, quick focus, lateral beam shift by a slanted window)
- Design starting point wizard (coming soon)
Specifically for Imaging Market
- Light sources:
- A user can choose from a variety of available shelf light sources in our catalog or define his source (point source or plane wave), controlling its geometrical (size, appearance) and physical/optical (power, polarization, wavelength, divergence) parameters. A user can upload his custom source CAD file for better visualization.
- Optical and optomechanical elements:
- A user can use an extensive library, based on catalog items, or define a customized element, controlling each relevant parameter. Coated catalog items come with the appropriate coating (data provided by manufacturers) applied.
- Our fast ray tracing engine enables numerous rays analyses on multiple detecting surfaces simultaneously. Each detector (or detecting surface) can present various analyses for each simulation run. A user can control each detector size and resolution, each detecting surface resolution, and the number of rays per each analysis. Soon we’ll provide the possibility of shelf (catalog) cameras selection and even user-defined sensors.
- Scattering feature (of optical and mechanical surfaces) enables real tool performance simulation, long before it’s manufactured, assembled, and integrated. Our fast ray tracing engine enables simulating your setup, using a high number of rays, providing you with a realistic estimation of beam performance, stray light, and ghosts. We’ve uploaded standard models of scattering for our library items (optical and mechanical, based on surface quality parameters, provided by manufacturers) ), which you can select from, or you can select and control user-defined scattering.
- The polarization feature will guarantee real transmission and beam quality results, due to an appropriate interaction of polarized lasers with elements’ HR and AR coatings.
- Useful tools:
- Our calculators will help you to obtain quick answers (no need to switch to other SWs or notebooks).
- Alignment assistance module: define your system alignment criteria and your alignment degrees of freedom and we will provide you with the shortest possible sequence in order to achieve it.
- 3D intuitive and easy-to-use SW
- You can upload your system opto-mechanical design and populate it with real elements and coatings. Cloning channels for simulating multi-channel performance is quick and easy. Simulating multi-channel performance is available, due to our fast ray-tracing engine. You can have a true-to-life virtual tool, months before it really exists.